A travel company enters into an Event of Default once they have ceased to be a member of the Travel Trust Association. It is a standard term used by the Travel Trust Association when a company is no longer a member of the Travel Trust Association for any reason.
If you have booked with a Travel Trust Association member who has entered into an Event of Default, do not panic! The Travel Trust Association provides total financial protection.
We expect clients to travel as planned. We shall be liaising with suppliers and tour operators to ensure that your holiday/trip goes ahead unaffected.
If for any reason this is not possible, we will be administering a claim for a refund of money that you had paid to the member for your holiday.
It is important that customers contact Travel Trust Association before booking a replacement holiday as it is likely that you will continue with your booking as intended. If you wish to cancel your booking please note that you will be subject to the cancellation charges levied by the Tour Operator.
Travel Trust Association requires all customers to provide the following information:
- Copies of correspondence with agency e.g. booking confirmation, invoices etc
- Proof of payment. If you paid by:
- Credit/debit card- If payment has been made by credit or debit card please forward your original card statement(s). This is the statement received on a monthly basis from your card provider and not only customer card holder receipts. Please contact your card provider for duplicate statements if necessary. Please ensure that the name of the account holder and payment to the Travel Trust Association member is clear.
- Bank transfer: If payment has been made by bank transfer please forward your original bank statement showing that this transfer has cleared your account. Please ensure that the name of the account holder and payment to the Travel Trust Association is clear.
- Cheque: If you have made payment by cheque please request a copy of this cheque(s) from your bank and forward upon receipt to the Association together with your bank statement(s) showing that this cheque(s) has cleared your account. Please ensure that the name of the account holder is clear.
- Cash:If payment has been made by cash, please forward all receipts together with your bank statement(s) showing this withdrawal. Please ensure that the name of the account holder and the withdrawal balance is clear.
Please send this paperwork to:
Travel Trust Association
2 Crown Square